Re: [help-texinfo] Multiline deading with borders (pdf)

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Multiline deading with borders (pdf)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:47:25 -0600

    Is there any manner to have multiline headings with borders in the
    pdf output?  I have the same question about @multitable env.

multitable borders are not supported in texinfo.tex.  Perhaps someone
would like volunteer to work on it :).  (There is some support for it in
makeinfo already, although I have not looked at it in years.)

As for headings, do you mean page headings or things like chapter
openings?  I'm guessing the latter.  You can change the typeset output
for them without terrible difficulty by redefining some macros from
texinfo.tex, but you have to know enough TeX to get what you want;
there's no direct support in Texinfo for it.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Best,
Karl