Re: Réf. : Re: [help-texinfo] xml and DTD

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Réf. : Re: [help-texinfo] xml and DTD
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:00:40 -0600

    I have tried to get the xml file of the tasks file (tasks.texi)
    using makeinfo.

BTW, tasks.texi is not maintained any more.  The savannah tasklist
  https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/tasklist/
is more current, if you're actually looking for a project to help on :).

    at line  <!ELEMENT settitle    (#PCDATA | %Inline.phrase; | footnote)*> (of
the dtd)

I don't understand why the settitle causes an error?  It's just text in
the tasks.xml.

    Element footnote is already part of the mixed content model.

Sorry, I don't understand.  The footnote element is allowed in a
settitle element.  Why is this a problem?

This is apparently separate from the Inline.footnote as part of text.
It seems odd (I didn't actually create this DTD), but not erroneous.
Inline.footnote and footnote seem independent.
(And anyway tons of other elements are also PCDATA or Inline.phrase or
footnote.  Seems like that construct should be an entity in itself ...)

Thanks,
Karl