[help-texinfo] Fwd: About maxima translate

From: Robert Dodier
Subject: [help-texinfo] Fwd: About maxima translate
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:52:36 -0600

Hello Nie,

Thanks for your interest in Maxima. The Maxima reference manual is
written in Texinfo, which is a little different from TeX.
I do not know if Texinfo can handle Chinese. Probably it is OK to
write the Chinese translation using TeX instead of Texinfo.
Does anyone know if Texinfo supports Chinese?

The reference manual Texinfo files are in Maxima CVS at SourceForge,
which you can view on the web:
http://maxima.cvs.sourceforge.net/maxima/maxima/doc/info
You can also obtain the files via CVS command line, but I don't
remember how to use anonymous CVS for SourceForge.
Can someone please remind me?

Nie, when you have created some translation files, I will enable
CVS write access for you so you can commit the files to Maxima CVS.

Can someone suggest which files should be translated first?

Some documents in Chinese have been written --- you can see
them on this page at the Maxima web site:
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs.shtml

Nie, I know that making a translation is a lot of work.
I appreciate it very much. Thanks for your help!

Robert Dodier
Maxima project administrator & developer