[help-texinfo] Re: How to disable '_' to '_005f' transliteration in file

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: How to disable '_' to '_005f' transliteration in file names?
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:15:55 +0200

Hi Patrice,

 > I think that doing an init file along [1] should do the trick
 > (untested), and then call texi2html as:
 >
 >   makeinfo --init-file underscore_hex_to_underscore.init

thank you very much for this suggestion. Unfortunately, there appears to be a
misunderstanding somewhere. The makeinfo program doesn't seem to accept an
--init-file parameter. texi2html does, but texi2html use an entirely different
scheme for choosing file names, i.e. the generated files are called
autoconf-archive-<n>.html where 'n' is a sequential number. When texi2html is
run with the suggested init file, all generated files are called "nundef".

Is there a way to make texi2html generate the same HTML file names that
makeinfo would? If this were the case, I reckon that init file magic would
solve my problem.

Take care,
Peter

[1]