[help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:52:55 -0500

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

>     So you don't think it could be a texinfo bug?
>
> Not finding the index is clearly something about the Emacs reader.

But emacs finds the index in all the other manuals I looked at.
bash, tar, emacs, date... etc.

Also, if I re-unpack the tarball, cd to doc  and delete all *.info*
files then run ./configure && make from top level
Only three info files for cvs are generated.

The tarball comes with 10 info files for cvs generated in
2005. Something seems off here...

Further:
And if I open cvs.info with emacs using C-u C-h i filename
pressing `i' (index) works with this info file.

I'm sorry to interrupt your day.  Maybe we could take this up when you
have more time?  I mean unless you are really convinced it is
absolutely an emacs bug.