Re: [help-texinfo] Commands in indices

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Commands in indices
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:08:47 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:50:47 +0200
>
> I want to index (in Lilypond) command names like \relative.  They
> should appear in the index only once, as @code{\relative}
[...]
> and when I use 'i' in the Emacs info reader, they should be found as
> "\relative".

So far, something like

 @findex \relative

possibly followed by

 @syncodeindex fn cp

should do it.

> should be in the sort order in the index in printed form and HTML
> considered as "relative"

This part I don't understand.  Do you mean that the sorted index
should have "\relative" among index entries that start with `r',
instead of those that start with `\'?  If so, I don't think you can do
this, except by a trick, something like

 @cindex relative mode, the @code{\relative} command

> Documentation about sorting stuff in Texinfo is basically non-existent.

Each index is sorted using 1 of 2 possible comparison functions:
either mbscasecmp (the default) or strcoll (if the configure test for
that function succeeds).  Does this answer your question?