Re: [help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:56:42 GMT

Hi Lukas,

You need to run
  texindex control.fn
or more generally (if you have other indexes)
  texindex control.??
and then run tex again (possibly more than once),
or use
  texi2dvi control.tex
or
  texi2pdf control.tex
(which call makeindex and tex for you)

All this is discussed in some detail in the manual, etc.

If you're already running texindex, please let me know all the details
of how you're making the document.

(BTW, I see you sent what looked like the same message from several
addresses.  I approved them all for future sendings.  If there was some
difference between them, let me know -- they all looked the same, but
mailman doesn't make it easy to know for sure.)

Hope this helps,
Karl