Re: [help-texinfo] RTEMS Texi2any Progress

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] RTEMS Texi2any Progress
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:07:16 +0100

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 07:19:26PM -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> First thanks for all the help.
>
> I don't know if you recall but it was less than a year ago
> and we were using texi2www which predates texi2html.
> We have a come a long way and need to push farther. :)

Indeed, I (vaguely) remember.

> >That's not a old texi2html that more like an ancient texi2html...
> >What version of texi2html are you using?
> address@hidden rtems_texinfo_test]$ texi2html --version
> 1.82
> address@hidden rtems_texinfo_test]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/texi2html
> texi2html-1.82-5.1.el6.noarch
>
> This is what ships with CentOS 6.x or at least is in the standard
> EPEL repository.

It is quite recent, in fact, the last widely deployed.  But I tested
that indeed, you need to add the command line option --node-files to get
the node files of the for cross manual specification.  So I think this
is the way to go, to have the same file as the recent Texinfo generated.

> You encouraged me to move more to the new way of doing things and making
> the old texi2html conform as best it can.
>
> I think our Makefiles can now handle both texi2html 1.8x and texi2any. It
> uses autoconf to detect the difference and some not so pretty hackery
> to do the right thing.

With --node-files, I think the output of texi2html-1.8x and texinfo 5.0
should be pretty similar.

--
Pat