[help-texinfo] init-file and HTML customization variables

From: Jason Massey
Subject: [help-texinfo] init-file and HTML customization variables
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 14:54:52 -0500

Is it possible to use the --init-file=file command-line option to point to a script which changes HTML Customization Variables (http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/HTML-Customization-Variables.html)?

My aim is to be able to change variables such as AFTER_BODY_OPEN inside of my own init-file. For example:

--init-file=my.init
$AFTER_BODY_OPEN = "<p>Stuff at the beginning</p>";

However, this doesn't appear to work; it does work from the command-line (as per the manual: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Customization-Variables.html).

Can someone point me to more documentation as to how the --init-file=file facility works?

Respectfully,

Jason