Re: [help-texinfo] index.html differences in texi2any/texi2html

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] index.html differences in texi2any/texi2html
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:29:11 +0100

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 04:43:55PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am just trying to get them reasonably close. I don't care about
> dead on matching - just no stupid duplication or too many hacks.
> I am happy learning to live with slightly different and more standard
> output. :)

I don't know if you know about that and if you have tried, but there
is a special customization variable that sets a mode as similar as
possible with texi2html, you could try that:

  -c TEXI2HTML=1

> + What do I need to do to eliminate the second Table of Contents that
> is one level deep? And one of the <hr> and Navigation lines?

I don't really get the <hr> and Navigation lines. Could you please point
at least to the texinfo file (and maybe the results on the web if easy)
or send the texinfo file and, either the index.html or the invocations.

The second Table of Contents that is one level deep is the short table
of contents.  Normally, it should only be triggered if you have a
@shortcontents in your source.  If you don't want a short table of
contents even with @shortcontents, I think that you can set
shortcontents to 0, like

  -c shortcontents=0

> + What is the texi2any equivalent of this?
>
> $PRE_BODY_CLOSE =
> 'Copyright &copy; 1988-2013
> <A HREF="http://www.oarcorp.com"; target="Text Frame">OAR Corporation</A>
> ';

set_from_init_file ('PRE_BODY_CLOSE',
'Copyright &copy; 1988-2013
<A HREF="http://www.oarcorp.com"; target="Text Frame">OAR
Corporation</A>
');

> + Why isn't there a "generated by texi2... " message at the bottom?

It is the default not to have this message as in makeinfo in C.  To
enable it you shuld set the PROGRAM_NAME_IN_FOOTER customization
variable to 1.

--
Pat