[help-texinfo] 'makeinfo --html --split=chapter' splits at Texinfo node

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: [help-texinfo] 'makeinfo --html --split=chapter' splits at Texinfo node boundaries, not chapters
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:15:43 -0400

Hi:

Is the chapter splitting feature supposed to work?  I am using 6.1dev for the makeinfo version; the problem has been there since at least 6.0.

I only see a reference to 'node' in my makeinfo script though I didn't inspect it enough to see if it would grab the chapter argument; the output suggests not.

I would love to get this feature working as a single HTML page is too big, per node pages are too many, and chapter pages would be just right.

Attached is my makeinfo script. (I renamed it from makeinfo just for the attachment).

Bob