[help-texinfo] deftypefn breaking table of contents

From: cinder88
Subject: [help-texinfo] deftypefn breaking table of contents
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 14:23:35 -0400

Hello, all. I am a heavy user of TeX and have recently been trying out Texinfo.
Hence I'm probably missing something basic here, but I can't figure out what it
is.

I have a texi file which compiles just fine in html. But when I try to compile
a pdf, I get the following:

./menus.texi:140: Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \fnindfile
\temp ->\write \fnindfile
                          {\entry{GetApplicationStatus}{\folio }{\code {GetA...

\safewhatsit ... \else \vskip -\whatsitskip \fi #1
                                                  \ifx \lastskipmacro \zeros...

\dosubind ...dcsname }\safewhatsit \dosubindwrite
                                                  }\fi
\deftypefngeneral ...dosubind {fn}{\code {#4}}{#1}
                                                  \doingtypefntrue \defname ...

\printdefunline #1#2->\begingroup #1#2 \endheader
                                                  \interlinepenalty = 10000 ...
l.140 ...n MenuAction list GetApplicationStatus ()

Pressing enter to skip the message yields another similar message
for every deftypefn I have. Here is a sample of how I am using
the syntax:

@deftypefn category type function(@var{input})
Does something on @var{input}
@end deftypefn

If I look in my file.toc, I see the following:

@numsecentry{Some Section}{1.4}{Some Section}{2}
@numsubsecentry{Some Subsection{1.4.1}{Some Subsection}{2}
\entry{First deftypefn}{2}{\code {First deftypefn}}
\entry{Second deftypefn{2}{\code {Second Deftypefn}}

This code makes me think that the function generating table
of contents entries for deftypefn is the problem. When I look
at the resulting table of contents in the output pdf, the
deftypefn entries are an formatted mess.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Andrew