[help-texinfo] <title> in multi-node HTML

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: [help-texinfo] <title> in multi-node HTML
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 18:41:02 +0100

Hi!

I was searching about conflicts in Bison on the web, and saw this:

« Understanding » is quite not a nice title, so I clicked to check, and got this:

The HTML reads:

<title>Understanding (Bison 3.2.1)</title>

Is there a means to use the section name rather that the node name in the generated HTML?  It’s quite common to have a very short node name, but a fully blown section name, so the latter seems more appropriate to me.

Even in Texinfo’s own documentation, you have for instance the title « One argument », which hardly makes sense alone:

https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/One-Argument.html

but the page is

6.4.1 @xref with One Argument

Cheers!