Index.html doesn't fold on case insensitive filesystems

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Index.html doesn't fold on case insensitive filesystems
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 16:07:02 -0400

I tried to export texinfo to HTML for Emacs Lisp Reference Manual. And it has
an index page. According to the manual makeinfo should fold the index.html and
Index.html. However I only see the content of Index.html.

I also tried to set CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAMES to true, but that didn’t make
any difference.

How should this work in general on case insensitive filesystems? Thanks.

Yuan