Re: Failure in html output - Reference to nonexistent nodes

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Failure in html output - Reference to nonexistent nodes
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 10:37:03 +0100

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 06:26:07PM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> Still for productivity's sake, output is better than no output.
> This is especially important for large works, where the author
> does not want complete failure because of some inconsistency.

It really depends.  In particular for automatic generation, in Makefile,
no document, I think, is better than a document if it failed.  When
calling manually texi2any, it seems to me that it is better if there is
systematically an output.

> I suggest a variable that can be used for strict checking.

I do not understand that one.  In general texi2any does strict checking,
and the output can be silenced with --no-warn.

--
Pat