Re: Macros inside @displaymath

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Macros inside @displaymath
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:18:49 +0100

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 06:58:13PM +0000, Gavin Smith wrote:

> I've attempted to mirror what you've done in the XS code, and updated the
> tests.  I still haven't gotten around to working out how to run the tex4ht
> and latex2html tests, so could you regenerate those and check the changes
> look OK?

Ok.

> What is the thinking behind saying that @math is a "context brace"
> command?  That means that it can contain several paragraphs (like
> @footnote).

Not really, that means that what is in @math{} it is parsed (and
in general output) outside of the normal flow.  Maybe I should change
the comment.  In that case it does not contain paragraphs even if there
is an empty line (just added a test).

> In the XS code I used less slightly less general code (as I did for
> the other code too), preferring to reference commands by name rather
> than referring to them via classes of command.  As command flags are
> represented by a bitmask the number of them is limited, but this has a
> benefit as well in keeping things simple.

As you like!  On my side I prefer to have it easy to add @-commands by
simply putting it with the other of the same type...

--
Pat