Re: @image for pdf and html

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: @image for pdf and html
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 22:11:09 +0100

It has been figured that we cannot use the same file for both
pdf/dvi output and html output.  Because if the file has too many
pixels, the image will be too big for html.  We could end up with
many calls to image with different files using @iftex and @ifhtml.

> Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 10:05 PM
> From: "Gavin Smith" <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com>
> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it
> Cc: "help-texinfo gnu" <help-texinfo@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: @image for pdf and html
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 09:32:15PM +0100, daniela-spit@gmx.it wrote:
> > What is your opinion on using the same image file name for
> > both: (1) pdf, dvi; and (2) html.
> >
> > @image(file,w,h,alttext,.png)
> >
> > Meaning that html will search for the filename, but with a token being
> > appended to it.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy