References with identical node and online label names

From: Didier Verna
Subject: References with identical node and online label names
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:34:54 +0200

  Hello,

I would like to have reference commands to issue a short form (with just
the node name) for info, and a more elaborate one for other formats.

Duplicating the node name, as in @ref{node name, node name, printed-label}
does not notice the duplication, so it just prints it twice:

* note node name: node name.

So I suppose I have no choice but to conditionalize on the output
format and issue two different @ref calls. But wouldn't it make sense to
notice when the node name is identical to the online label, and just
fall back to the one-argument form output: * note node name::. ?

Thanks!

--
¡En Seguida! -- New album: https://www.didierverna.com/records/en-seguida.php
Available on all digital platforms now!