Re: Possible to set makeinfo options within texinfo file?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Possible to set makeinfo options within texinfo file?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:37:03 +0100

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 03:05:18PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    However, please consider whether it would be better to set this option on
>    the command line rather than inside the Texinfo file itself as it may not
>    be the best place for controlling details of the output.
>
> An idea is to add support to makeinfo so that it reads a makeinfo.conf
> file (or equivalent) in the current working directory, which would
> contain all the options a user might want to pass to makeinfo.

It is not documented, but it is possible to use a perl file to set
customization variables.  From my reading of the code the file should be
named Config and is searched for in ., .texi2any, HOME/.texi2any,
$sysconfdir/texi2any and $datadir/texi2any.

In such a file, a customization variable can be set with

texinfo_set_from_init_file('USE_XML_SYNTAX', 1);
texinfo_set_from_init_file('contents', 1);

This is subject to change, though.

--
Pat