Re: Including files from parent dir

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Including files from parent dir
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:13:26 -0400

> It is because includes with leading . or .. in their paths in or include
> that are absolute paths are treated differently from other includes:
> they are not searched for in include directories.
[...]
> Unless I missed something, none of these two information is documented.

Hmm... here I was, thinking the presence of `/` in the file name was the
source of the difference :-)

I also couldn't find any mention of "include directories" in the doc.

>> How can I convince `makeinfo` to find the `bar.texi` file in both cases?
> Right now, I can't think of a way to make this happen.  The only
> thing I can think of would be to change the code to consider that
> only paths with leading . are considered differently.

I need my scripts to work with "old" makeinfo as well, so that wouldn't
help me for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid.
Thanks for the explanation, tho.  It confirms that I'll have to
workaround the problem some other way.

        Stefan