Re: Relating multiple index entries to one table item

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Relating multiple index entries to one table item
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 23:11:52 +0100

On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 08:18:43PM +0000, Gavin Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 03:59:00PM +0000, Gavin Smith wrote:
> > I still haven't put index entries before the very first
> > @item in a @table inside the <dt> - I need to do something with the
> > 'before_item' element.
>
> It should be done now.  I tried never adding a 'before_item' element
> in the first place, but this appeared to have repercussions throughout
> the code leading to failures in several places that I couldn't understand,
> so I fixed it in a more limited way.

It is a help for formats that have restrictions on what can be in
tables.  Maybe would be a good think to check that the DocBook is also
valid.

> which I think is good.

Agreed.

I spotted two cases for which the index entry could also be with the
table term (in xtables inter_item_commands_in_table test), with a
comment between index entry and @item or an empty line between index
entry and @item:

@table @code
@cindex cindex in table