hurdextras-hackers

Re: [Hurdextras-hackers] Users/Reference Manual

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: [Hurdextras-hackers] Users/Reference Manual
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:45:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthew Grant <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been working on copying complete or
> semi-complete(without FIXME) pieces of the
> hurd.texi file into the Hurd Reference Manual
> part of the using_the_hurd.texi file.

 Humm, the FIXME's are actually very important, because they tell us what to
fix.

> I am wondering if there are any folks working
> on the incomplete things in the hurd.texi .
> Also as the Hurd grows in functionality are
> the new pieces added to the hurd.texi file in
> the hurd/doc sources.

 Things get added to the Hurd manual when someone add stuff to them, so
right now that is not enough.

> Also I have seperated the Reference Manual
> from the Users Manual. Check it out here
> http://seinfeld.arrowstreet.com/docs/using_the_hurd.html
>
> If this doc is not acceptable please give me
> some help. Also excuse my ignorance in the
> technical aspect of the Reference Manual
> (order of libs,organization) because I
> haven't learned to program yet (learning).
>

> Thanks
>

> Matt Grant

 Are any new diff's coming my way?

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU