hurdextras-hackers

Re: gopherfs patch

From: Manuel Menal
Subject: Re: gopherfs patch
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:40:39 +0200

James A. Morrison wrote:

Hi,

Why do you need to do this: * netfs.c: revert previous changes.

You're right, I should've explained. The previous changes on netfs.c
were type changes to make gopherfs explicitly use 64-bit types. I think
it's good practice to keep using the size-independent types, so that
changing type sizes only require changing CFLAGS (namely, the
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS macro). It seems some of the translators in the Hurd
source code use off_t (e.g. ftpfs), and some loff_t (e.g. hello). So I
guess we could omit that part if you want.

Thanks for answering so fast,

--
Manuel Menal