hurdextras-hackers

Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:22:15 -0400

Hi!

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:57:04PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Mike Heath wrote:
>    [...] Mr. Szmidt continues his perpetual stubornness.
>
> The only stubbornness is from Thomas Schwinge who has to stick his
> nose into everything, I was already taking care of the issue of the
> nonexistant mail moderation for HurdExtras _before_ he sent his
> totally offtopic message to the HurdExtras mailing list (Manuel Mammel
> had already notified me of the issue).  Having him stick his nose into
> the mess would just cause more work for me; hence the objection.
>
> The message Thomas replied to was cut into small bits and all you saw
> was a categorical `No' without a reason.  The full message was: "I
> object to it.  I have already spoken to Barry deFrasse to do it."

Alfred, don't you realize that you are just lying and are only hostile to
me for personal reasons I don't even know?

Do you people know how much time I lately invested into the Hurd project?
I'm well aware that many of you are also doing this.  Nevertheless.  If
the community is not able to ``handle'' a ricochet like Alfred is, my
time is for me no longer worth to be wasted on this project.

For this reason:

I will stop any work on the Hurd from now on until a) Alfred is removed
from both the main Hurd project and the HurdExtras project or b) he
publically apologizes to me and others and the Hurd community finds a way
to convince me that the time I spent--and I will then spend again--is
considered valuable.

If someone wants me to be a mentor for the Google Summer of Code 2006,
you better hurry up to find a way out of this mess.

Sorry.  It's not how I expected things to turn.  Really.  But it's not
fun anymore.  Sorry.

Regards,
 Thomas

P.S. I will continue maintaining the Hurd's mailing list, so that your
measures of communication will not be hampered.