hurdextras-hackers

Re: Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd

From: Michael Heath
Subject: Re: Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:57:29 -0600

I'd like to repeat my request to stop messing with the delivery addresses. People post things to lists specifically so they are a public discussion, available to many people. That is the point of a list. The archives of this conversation are going to be messy, with random holes, all thanks to Mr. Szmidt.

Mr. Szmidt: you have had many poeple now oppose you, and take sides with Thomas. Regardless of your views of this, you are not in a situation to tell anyone to  "go back to [their] corners".

The bottom line is that, for now, many people who participate with the Hurd have decided that they are frustrated with you. If I may, I'd like to suggest letting it be for a bit. If you step away, allow things to cool down, and, in the future, show a responsible and mature interest in participating, I'm sure poeple would love to have you help out.

I, as an observer, see Mr. Schwinge's current position, participation, and attitude as a very good thing for all projects and people involved. While I admire Mr. Szmidt's intelligence and coding ability, I share what seems to be the general frustration with his overall attitude and civility towards others.