hurdextras-hackers

Re: Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd

From: Gaël Le Mignot
Subject: Re: Thomas Schwinge to stop any work on the Hurd
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:55:42 +0200

Hello,

I follow closely the Hurd project since a couple of years, and if it's
true I  don't participate too  much in it  due to other  activities, I
still consider myself a member of the Hurd community, and I will still
help the project as much as I can.

I, like many others, suffered  from Alfred's stubbornness too. Just to
show a single example, I remind spending hours on IRC just to convince
him  to send  me  the latest  version  of Marco's  xkb  patch for  the
console,  the  day   before  I  left  for  LSM,   while  Marco  wasn't
available. I needed this patch  to show the newest improvements of the
Hurd in the  LSM - and I  was in hurry, having many  things to prepare
for the trip -  but ams made it as difficult as  possible just to send
me the code. And that's just an example among many...

While I do understand, and respect Thomas' decision to stop working on
the Hurd because of ams (I left  #hurd because of him, too, for a long
while), I feel sad of it, and I beg him to reconsider his decision.

Please, Thomas, we  need you.  You are doing a great  work on the Hurd
project, and you're more than welcome.  Don't give up because of ams -
that would  be too  much honor  for him. He  doesn't deserve  it. Your
efforts and the time you spend is considered valuable by us, and thank
you for it.

If it means chosing between Thomas and ams, while I hate to kick people
or to ressort to coercion of any kind, I definitely chose Thomas.

Regards,

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - address@hidden - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org