hurdextras-hackers

Re: Patch for HURDEXTRAS cvsfs

From: Stefan Siegl
Subject: Re: Patch for HURDEXTRAS cvsfs
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:50:04 +0200

Hi Aanjhan,

"Aanjhan R" <address@hidden> writes:
> Also with this I was just wondering whether some kind of svn filesystem
> translator project can be started? Is it already there or planned?  or some

A svnfs-translator project can be started of course, especially since
such a project does not seem to exist so far. When I wrote cvsfs I
thought about SVN access shortly but since I didn't need it, didn't
come up with anything so far

If you'd like to start writing a svnfs translator, I think it should
be a separate one, i.e. not integrated into cvsfs, since svn is
implemented completely different and shares only the basic ideas with
cvs. In case of any questions feel free to ask here or on irc.

In case you would like your translator to be added to the hurd-extras
project in the end, I think Alfred will happily agree.

happy hacking!
  stesie

--
you can't hug your children with nuclear arms