hydra-users

Re: config.log

From: Rob Vermaas
Subject: Re: config.log
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:46:29 +0200

Hi Paul,

> in case a build fails on hydra, I know it is not possible to log on the
> corresponding machine to isolate and fix the problem.
>
> However it would be nice if the auxiliary files produced during the build
> (e.g., config.log when using the autotools) were available through the hydra
> web interface, for example in the "Build steps" frame.

For failed builds, I think all GNU jobs on hydra.nixos.org have the
feature enabled to keep the build directory for inspection, which
includes the config.log. E.g. the build you linked to before:
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/5501420/contents/1 (From the build page
in the build outputs section, click on the link that says 'Failed
build produced output. Click here to inspect the output.'

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob

--