hydra-users

HTML errors in evaluation pages.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: HTML errors in evaluation pages.
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:52:32 +0200

Hello there,

there are still errors in the evaluation pages. I now execute

   $ xmllint -html -noout 998870.htm
   $ xmllint -html -noout 998993.htm
   $ xmllint -html -noout 999021.htm

and I find exactly the following issues, but no other.

  a. There are four unmatched closing tags "</tt>" on the
     lines 113, 115, 116, and 117. These are contained in

          <ul class="dropdown-menu">
             <li>
             </li>

      and the immediately following lines. Hopefully these
      are the showstoppers for me with an old firefox-3.5.8
      and OpenSolaris.

  b. The encapsulation

         <ul class="nav pull-right">
           <form class="navbar-search">
             <input />
           </form>
           <li>...</li>
         </ul>

      causes "Unexpected end tag : ul" as long as the tag
      "form" is present within "ul". Could there be something
      that forbids this encapsulation? A protective layer like

          <ul>
              <form>
                <input />
              </form>
            <li>
            </li>
          </ul>

      indeed prevents this error.

   c. The tag "footer" at the bottom of the page is not a
      standard tag, so xmllint rejets it, but browsers do
      generally accept it.

For the record, an invokation "xmllint -noout -html" leads
to better usable diagnostics than the plain "xmllint -noout"
ever does.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, for GNU Inetutils and GNU Shishi