hydra-users

new recipe for GnuCOBOL... and some questions.

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: new recipe for GnuCOBOL... and some questions.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 22:59:27 +0100

Dear Hydra-Users,

you find the first trial for the gnucobol recipe attached.

It is based on the "simple patch recipe" and some others but I don't
think it will work out of the box:

* most important: I have absolutely no clue where the source download
comes from - or is this a setting in the hydra admin interface? The
correct svn checkout would be:
  svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/open-cobol/code/trunk gnucobol
[I've guessed that a package "subversion" exists and that it must be
included, we don't need it otherwise]

* either libdb must be added as dependency or the configure part must
use "--without-db"

* I'm not sure if the call of the bootstrap script is defined correctly

* It would likely be good to update the po files from the translation
project, this may need another dependecy for rsync but I don't know
where to specify before "make distcheck" run "po/update_linguas.sh"

* I did not found a list of usable packages, can you please point me to it?

Any hints welcomed!
Simon Sobisch