hyperbole-users

Re: Emacs NYC Video Release: Bring Your Text to Life the Easy Way with G

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs NYC Video Release: Bring Your Text to Life the Easy Way with GNU Hyperbole
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 07:54:38 +0300

* Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org> [2020-09-27 22:59]:
> I am still unclear how this list available via {C-h h d w} is not a good
> example of what you are asking for:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/hyperbole/HY-WHY.html
>
> Maybe you want a set of step-by-step actions but these seem like real-world
> workflows to me.

Yes, I like to know how are you using it practically, and how others
are using it practically.

I am mostly using it within Emacs Lisp and Common Lisp to jump back to
definition of a specific function.

>From examples:

> 1. Create a library of documents, link them on-the-fly and retrieve
>    any one at the touch of a button containing its short id.  See
>    "hib-doc-id.el".  (Use the Action Key to activate any
>    cross-reference herein).

The above example is not really practical, it is not adequately
described. Is there one user who created the "library of documents"?

How should I practically link them on-the-fly?

Let me say that example is complex, and those creating such libraries
and who are able to read Emacs Lisp and understand it all, they may as
well make their own hyperlink system, which also happened to me, my
library is in the database, then I have got my specific way of jumping
into those documents.

Hyperbole I could, if not within Org file, to jump into those links I
have created.

Example #1 is not adequate for me. True example would be if you show
at least 3 files, indexed and one file that is showing cross