hyperbole-users

Re: Is there way to dynamically create explicit buttons for non-file buf

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Is there way to dynamically create explicit buttons for non-file buffers?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 20:49:11 -0400

Hi Jean:

I see what you are going for here.  Generally, explicit button are meant to be persistent so they must be attached to a file.  However, we have added capabilities that allow them to be part of an email or news message where the button data is stored in a hidden part of the message itself.  So someone would have to adapt those features to your use case.  I think hmail.el and hgnus.el have the top-level of this code.

Bob