hyperbole-users

Action key with ivy

From: Garjola Dindi
Subject: Action key with ivy
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:11:30 +0100

Hi,

I am learning to use hyperbole. Thanks for this wonderful package!

I am an ivy user, and have issues when using "M-o" in the ivy completion
buffers. In ivy, "M-o" is bound to "ivy-dispatching-done" in 2 keymaps
(ivy-minibuffer-map and ivy-mode-map).

When I press "M-o" inside an ivy completion buffer, hyperbole intercepts
the key and tells me:

,----
| Action Key depressed; go to release point and press {M-o}.
`----

I have tried to rebind keys in the "hyperbole-init-hook" with this:

,----[ elisp ]
| (lambda () (hkey-set-key (kbd "s-O") 'hkey-operate)
|                             (hkey-set-key (kbd "s-<return>") 'hkey-either)
|                             (define-key ivy-minibuffer-map (kbd "M-o")
|                             'ivy-dispatching-done)
|                             (define-key ivy-mode-map (kbd "M-o")
|                             'ivy-dispatching-done))
`----

Note that rebinding "hkey-either" to "s-<return>" works (I do this to
avoid conflicts in org-mode), but my ivy hack seems not to have any effect

I suppose that I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to find out
a solution.

Thanks for your help.

Garjola