ifile-discuss

[Ifile-discuss] sort a lot of inbox with mutt and ifile

From: Lionel Dricot
Subject: [Ifile-discuss] sort a lot of inbox with mutt and ifile
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:40:00 +0100

Hi,

I was using ifile with Martin Macock script's to filter my mails.  But,
instead of just sorting between "spam" and "good", I make somes macro to
sort mails between several categories.  each category has is own mailbox
(same name).

I ask Jack ( http://www.jbertram.net/projects/ifile/ifile.html ) of an
idea to build a script to generate ifile macro for mutt, and he did it ! Thx
Jack !

If you have already ifile and martin macock scripts installed, it's
really easy !

Put the attached script in your /usr/local/bin or whatever you want,
create a .mailboxes in your home with, on each line : mymailbox:key

Example :

inbox:<f1>
friends:<f2>
work:<f3>
serieux:<f4>
mutt-user-fr:<Esc><f5>
debian-user-fr:<Esc><f6>
freevideo-list:<Esc><f7>
ifile-list:<Esc><F8>

Then remove (comment) all mailboxes line in your muttrc and put, in the
same muttrc

source "mutt_macro < /home/login/.mailboxes|"

Don't forget to "ifile.learn.mailbox mybox ~/mail/mybox" for each
mailbox !
(Perhaps try it with a new .idata)

Your procmailrc must be like this :

VERBOSE=off

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

:0 fBw
| $HOME/bin/ifile.inject-learn.header

:0:
$MATCH

(available on http://www.jbertram.net/resources/ifile/procmailrc)

Now, ifile will send you all mail in the good mailbox !  If it does
wrong, simply put the where you want to move the mail, ifile will learn
!
For example, if I have an ifile-list email in my inbox, when reading the
mail, I will press <Esc><F12>.  No more !

Hope that some people will use it !   A big thx to Jack for that.

Ploum
PS:sorry for my bad english, I'm belgian and I speak french