igraph-help

Re: [igraph] Issues with read.graph in graphml format

From: Nirupama Benis
Subject: Re: [igraph] Issues with read.graph in graphml format
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:15:24 +0200

Thank you, thank you! It works now!

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:01 PM Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

The "GraphML support is disabled" error message is shown when the development versions of the libraries required to _parse_ a GraphML file (libxml2 and libiconv) were not installed on the machine where the igraph extension for R was compiled. Writing still works in this case because we don't use these libraries for producing the output, only for reading it.

The bottom line is that you need to remove the igraph extension and then install it again _after_ installing libxml2-dev and libiconv-dev (these are the development packages in Ubuntu for these libraries).

T.