igraph-help

Re: [igraph] Using R igraph to create round arcs

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Using R igraph to create round arcs
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 21:21:51 +0100

I like to know if you can have round arcs and straight arcs under one graph using igraph.
Yes; edge.curved=... may be a vector containing one item for each edge. TRUE means curved edge, FALSE means straight edge; you may also pass numbers to control how curved the edges should be.

Quoting the documentation:

"First the vector is replicated to have the same length as the number of edges in the graph. Then it is interpreted for each edge separately. A numeric value specifies the curvature of the edge; zero curvature means straight edges, negative values means the edge bends clockwise, positive values the opposite. TRUE means curvature 0.5, FALSE means curvature zero."

SeeĀ https://igraph.org/r/doc/plot.common.html

Second, ggplot2 allows me to add lines to existing plot, can igraph provides this option?
Sorry, I don't know, I'm not that familiar with R.

All the best,
Tamas