iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Patch for reverb control through commands

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Patch for reverb control through commands
Date: 24 Feb 2002 12:17:12 -0700

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 07:35, M. Nentwig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed earlier, I implemented a bunch of commands for controlling
> the reverb unit. The patch is attached. It was generated with diff -r
> (orig. dir) (work dir). If there is a better way, please let me know.
> It also includes the two lines I used to make pan control work.

Cool additions to the reverb! Looking forward to giving it a try.

It would be nice to make these controls available via an API as well so
programs like Smurf can access them (in the future Smurf will be called
Swami - Sample Waveforms and Audio for Magical Instruments, to reflect
an entire code rebuild, and avoid any copyright infringements).
I'm beginning to feel like a part of a group of developers :) Keep up
the good work.

BTW, you really should try to get ALSA to work. The sequencer is the
most important (IMO) as it allows multiple programs to connect to ports
(iiwusynth creates its own port when using the alsa_seq MIDI driver).
You will also get lower latency. If your card is supported (see the ALSA
sound card matrix) then it should work, if not, its a bug and a report
to the ALSA folks would be a good idea. Feel free to contact me
personally if you run into trouble getting ALSA to work.

        Josh Green