iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] first message - how to make things working on a WI

From: Juan Linietsky
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] first message - how to make things working on a WIN32 Environment
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:17:22 -0300

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:39:36 -0300 (EST)
Fabio Aragao da Silva <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> I am writing you from Brazil, my name is Fábio and I have found the
> IIWU SYNTH project some
> days ago and I am still dazzle, that´s an amazing project... I am
> not sure if this is
> the right place for writing such a message, but I have no idea where
> to get help, so if
> you think this is not the kind of message for the IIWU SYNTH
> Developers List please forgive me...
> I have been working in a non-commercial, non-profit project aimed to
> deliver all religious hymns
> from the Brazilian Presbyterian Church hymnal through the
> internet...

Oh my god, do you have anything to do with that brazilian church
invading argentina?
"iglesia universal del reino de dios" as called here.
those guys are pure evil... taking money away from people to who their
promise
stupid cures and solutiones to their problems.

> we wanted the midi
> files to sound as close as possible to church organs, and this can
> be easily achieve using
> good quality sound fonts... but as you know, most people have cheap
> sound cards without
> soundfont capability

I think there are excellent church organ emulation packages, which
sound better
than any soundfont ;) try the bristol emulation package!

> do any of you would be interested on helping me making IIWU SYNTH
> compiled and working in
> a win32 compiler? (MINGW or MSVC)... I must warn you I am not a C++
> expert (just an ordinary C programmer), not even a musician... I
> think I need some basic directions on how to setup things for a
> win32 development environment and get things ready for start
> working... maybe some of you have already had some experience on
> this matter... if you have any documentation about
> IIWU SYNTH and IIWU WINDOWS DLL... how to compile, documentation on
> the IIWU DLL interface, any sample, demo application, any
> kind of information and any direction would be greatly
> appreciated...

did you try compiling under CYGWIN? I think that's easier.

> I wanted to ask you again to forgive me since I am not sure if this
> list applies only to people developing the IIWU SYNTH or also for
> people like me who want´s to use IIWU SYNTH on their projects...

I hope you have nothing to do with such church, i would really dislike
the idea of having helped them. ;)

Juan Linietsky