iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] [patch] iiwu_synth_write_float_dry_fx

From: Tim Goetze
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] [patch] iiwu_synth_write_float_dry_fx
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:19:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I'm looking at what the options are for passing the unprocessed chorus
and reverb signals on in iiwu_synth_write_*. This would (I think it
has been said before) be the method of choice in environments where
the synth is part of a larger processing setup with its own chorus and
reverb processors.

It'd be straightforward to write an alternative implementation of
iiwu_synth_write_float that takes two more buffer addresses as input
parameters. However the number of parameters to this alternative
implementation would be too large for my taste: (float * out, int
off, int incr) for each of the left, right, chorus and reverb
buffers, in total 14 parameters including the synth handle and number
of samples.

So I'd like to ask you all whether the 'off' and 'incr' parameters in
your iiwusynth setups are (or would be) different for the out/fx
buffers.

I'd imagine that float buffers are always uniform -- they are here as
well as with the Jack driver, and I seem to lack the fantasy to find
reasons for them being different, especially since float processing is
primarily used in 'abstracted' designs -- and so I propose a patch
(attached) which implements a function that writes the left and right
output buffers as well as the reverb and chorus sends.

Cheers,

tim

PS: Although I'm not the list maintainer, I feel compelled to say
I don't think anyone's religious beliefs are appropriate as subject
to discussion here.