iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [MusE] New iiwusynth (CVS)

From: Bob Ham
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [MusE] New iiwusynth (CVS)
Date: 10 Aug 2002 17:47:48 +0100

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 15:51, Frank Boehme wrote:

> Indeed, the latest cvs now compiles with iiwusynth and works for me.
> Thanks a lot, Bob!
>
> One question: When I have the GUI of iiwusynth up and click on that
> logo, then I am presented with options for chourus and reverb. Is this
> already supposed to work? I can't hear any difference, no matter what I
> select.

I can definately hear a difference with the reverb, but it's quite
subtle.  The chorus doesn't seem to do much, tho.  I also always get
"iiwusynth: warning: chorus: speed is too low (min 687194767)!" printed
out all the time; perhaps that's something to do with it?  What are
valid ranges for the speed?

> Two observations related to drum tracks (channel 10) played with
> iiwusynth: First, the drum sound is much much louder then with the old
> iiwu. The volume checkbox for that track does no seem to affect the
> volume. Is there a way to reduce the volume? Secondly, with 'trackinfo'
> on the button for the "instruments" displays the instrument patches of
> the correcponding soundfont, rather than the selected drum preset.
> However, when I change the program *number* on the checkbox, then the
> correct information is suddenly displayed in those button.

Yeah, the patch-name-getting-thingy makes no distinction between channel
10 and other channels.  I should sort it out some time.  I don't know
about the drum volumes; perhaps MusE does volume things differently for
drum tracks?  Or perhaps iiwusynth does?

Bob

--
Bob Ham: address@hidden  http://pkl.net/~node/