info-gengetopt

GNU Gengetopt 2.8

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.8
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:40:43 +0100

GNU Gengetopt 2.8 has been released.  It is available from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gengetopt/ and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a
struct.

Version 2.8

   * Multiple options are handled (i.e., options that can be given
     more than once at command line), thanks to
     Janico Greifenberg <address@hidden>.
   * Options can be grouped in a mutual exclusive way (thanks to
     Ronnie Lazar <address@hidden>).
   * Fixed default values handling for double and long types (thanks
     to Pierre Bacquet <address@hidden>).
   * Can generate a config option file parser (thanks to
     Jens Jakobsen <address@hidden>)
   * Print the position of a parse error (error reported by
     Christian Richter <address@hidden>)
   * backward compatibility warnings (with gcc 3.2) have been removed

Visit the Gengetopt home page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/gengetopt.html.

Anonymous CVS access is now available.  Please visit
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gengetopt/
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  I plan to make release-candidate versions available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730           |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  E-Mail           : address@hidden            |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |