info-gengetopt

GNU Gengetopt 2.12.2

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: GNU Gengetopt 2.12.2
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:33:13 +0200

GNU Gengetopt 2.12.2 has been released.  It is available from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gengetopt/ and mirrors of that site (see list of
mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).

GNU Gengetopt generates a C function that uses getopt_long function
to parse the command line options, validate them and fill a
struct.

Version 2.12.2

   * removed segfaults in multiple option handling (thanks to Gyozo Papp)
   * sections can be associated a more detailed description that
     will be printed in the --help (suggested by Gyozo Papp)
   * options and arguments in config files can be separated by '='
     (with help from Gyozo Papp)
* wrapping is applied to all description strings (with help from Gyozo Papp)
   * better check for "strings" well-formedness in configuration files
     (with help from Gyozo Papp)

Version 2.12.1

   * the generated source include config.h before any other header:
     otherwise some problems may come up in some circumstances
     (reported by Heinz Salzmann)
   * options can have optional arguments (as suggested by
     Guillaume Chazarain)
   * a _free function is generated for deallocating dynamic memory
     allocated for the option arguments by the parser
     and memory leaks in the generated files are removed
     (thanks to Michael Hagemann)
   * an _init function is generated that is called instead of clear_args
     and a initialize parameter has to be passed to the config file parser
     stating whether the args_info struct has to be initialized
     (Richard Zidlicky reported problems if the config file parser is
     called before the standard command line parser)
   * a second parser function is generated that allows to specify the
     override and initialize parameters that should be used together with
     the config file parser.  You can also specify whether the
     check for required option must be performed.
   * --arg-struct-name option for specifying the name of the generated
     struct for args info (suggested by Richard Zidlicky)
   * --unamed-opts can be given an optional argument
     describing the additional arguments without names, default is still
     FILES (as suggested by Simon Josefsson)
   * the config file parser generator was re-written in order to handle
     multiple options and other standard command line options
   * multiple options are allowed not to have arguments
     (suggested by Simon Josefsson)
   * multiple option arguments can be given separated by commas
     (thanks to Gyozo Papp)
   * default values can contain % without generating compiler errors
     in the generated code (thanks to Franck Lombardi)
   * Added --c-extension and --header-extension for specifying the
     extensions of generated files.

Visit the Gengetopt home page at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt/gengetopt.html.

Anonymous CVS access is available.  Please visit
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gengetopt/
where you can find detailed descriptions of how to access the CVS
(read-only).  Release-candidate versions are available
through CVS.

Bug reports should go to address@hidden

The following mailing lists are available:

    * address@hidden, for generic discussions about the program
and for asking for help about it (open mailing list),
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-gengetopt
    * address@hidden , for receiving information about new
releases and features (read-only mailing list),
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gengetopt

if you want to subscribe to a mailing list just go to the URL and follow
the instructions or just send me an e-mail.

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy         (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |