info-gnus-english

Re: possible bug? gnus in emacs 27; error in hash-table-p

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: possible bug? gnus in emacs 27; error in hash-table-p
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 11:45:05 -0700

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> hello,
> perhaps there is a bug or any misconfiguration in gnus from emacs 27.
> every time i end gnus and restart it, the following error pops up and
> gnus stops.
> "gnus-read-init-file: Error in ~/.gnus: hash-table-p"
>
> What does it mean?

Almost certainly something related to changes I've made in Gnus over the
past few weeks. I think the first step would be to delete all the *.elc
files from inside the lisp/gnus directory in the emacs source tree, and
run "make" again (assuming you're building from git).

If that doesn't work, please do M-x toggle-debug-on-error, trigger the
error again, and send the backtrace here.

Thanks,
Eric