info-gnus-english

Widgets -> Buttons

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Widgets -> Buttons
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:29:26 +0200

Just a heads up: I've converted the Article buffer in Gnus from using
widgets.el widgets to use button.el buttons.  There should be no
user-visible changes, but it's a pretty fundamental change.  If you have
code that relies on the Article buffer to widgetisised (that's a word)
there may be compatibility problems, and we should try to mitigate those
(if they exist).

The reason for this change is that the widget code is rather opinionated
about how things should work, and some extensions to button behaviour I
wanted to add would be very awkward.  In the button.el paradigm, though,
things are much freer, and I think it should be easy to do these things
now.