info-gnus-english

Re: smtpmail vs msmtp

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: smtpmail vs msmtp
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 08:44:48 +0200

Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> writes:

> Choose smtpmail if you don't want to bother with msmtp or if you are a
> purist and want to do as much as possible within emacs.

It there would be proper logging with smtpmail I'd probably use that...

> Choose msmtp if you want something fast, convenient, and easy to use
> with good logging.

...but logging feature in msmtp is deal breaker, and msmtp wins the
'contest'. :-)

Thanks to all for your replies!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.