info-gnus-english

Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: From and Reply-To mangling?!
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 15:35:57 +0100

Amin writes:

> Adam Sjøgren via info-gnus-english <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> So this mailing list now changes the From: and adds Reply-To: ?!?
>>
>> Only for some users/posts. Hm.
>
> Could be due to changes made to a number of mailman settings (including
> from munging) for many GNU lists by the FSF sysadmins in late October?
> For instance: https://lists.gnu.org/r/bug-gnuzilla/2019-10/msg00006.html

Ah, it explains why only some messages are mangled: "if a strict DMARC
sender sends to the list, we alter the headers of that message". I've
got DMARC configured for my domain (koldfront.dk).

I think it would be great if the mailing list software stopped adding a
footer, so there is no need to mangle the headers.

I.e. what the linked email calls "the unmodified message fix".

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The Commodore 64. Under $600. You can't buy a             Adam Sjøgren
  better computer at twice the price."                 asjo@koldfront.dk