info-gnus-english

Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:42:52 +0200

Satoshi Yoshida <dynamisxar@icloud.com> writes:

> I understand. As for me, putting ";;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-" is
> difficult. Because the file (.gnus.el or .emacs) isn't new. It consists
> of my code and the other parts that already exists. If I (or someone) put
> ";;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-", the other parts will be influenced too.

Most of the time this is not a problem at all.  All Emacs sources were
converted to lexical binding like this.  There are not many parts that
need special treatmeant - most of the stuff causing trouble hints at
problems and errors and style issues you should fix anyway.

If you care about your code you should do this conversion sooner or
later.  Support for dynamical binding doesn't get better, and it has
advantages: you get better warnings and more efficient code.

Michael.