info-gnus-english

Gnus plaintext email recommendations

From: Bartosz Kaczyński
Subject: Gnus plaintext email recommendations
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:51:56 +0000

Hi!

After many attempts, I finally have a working Gnus configuration for sending and receiving emails and I am almost ready to switch my workflow from Thunderbird to Gnus. I would like to make sure and adhere to the recommendations outlined in the link [1] whether Gnus follows these guidelines by default or if there is any additional configuration you can recommend.

My main concern is that when replying to an HTML email, I want to ensure that the email doesn't get "lost" HTML part and remains in plain text format. I intend to use Gnus in a work environment, and currently, when I reply to a message in Gnus that was received in HTML format, all subsequent messages are also in plain text, which causes confusion for other users who primarily use Outlook. I know that this is achievable in applications like Thunderbird, from which I am currently composing this message, so I'm wondering how to achieve the same effect in Gnus.
The mentioned website [1] includes the following paragraph:

>When users send an HTML email explicitly, convert it to text/plain and send a multipart/alternative email which includes both versions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and any other recommendations are welcome!

Regards,
bartk

[1] https://useplaintext.email/