info-gnustep

GNUstep weekly Update

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: GNUstep weekly Update
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:05:48 -0600

See http://www.gnustep.org
Week to 22 July 2001

gnustep-base (Foundation)

NSFileHandle fix to prevent exception when writing large volumes of
data to a channel faster than the machine can handle it
Unicode string handling fixes for occasional problems with
strings containing embedded nul characters.
Makefile and documentation improvements
XML properly lists (MacOS-X compatible ... except for a workaround
for
a bug in MacOS-X) finally completed.  This had been held up in
anticipation
that Apple would fix the bug in their implementation, and we could employ
a compatible fix ... but I got tired of waiting.  See the html
documentation
for the base library for the user default to enable this.
Support some native localisation stuff with MINGW
Added MacOS-X methods to write dictionaries and arrays to URLs
Added new MacOS-X methods for NSTask and NSProcessInfo
Documentation updated for the above API changes

gnustep-gui (GUI frontend library)

Some minor memory management fixes made.
Memory leaks in NSTableView fixed, and coding/decoding added so it
can be stored by Gorm/li>
Minor fix in returning region occupied by glyphs in a text
layout.

gnustep-make (Makefiles package)

Improved documentation and rules for building bundles

JIGS (Java language interface)

Fixed wrapper installation for base and gui libraries to go in
GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT

Gorm (Interface Builder clone)

Version 0.0.3 released.