info-gnustep

ANN: GNUMail.app 1.0.0pre2 / Pantomime 1.0.0

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app 1.0.0pre2 / Pantomime 1.0.0
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:11:50 -0700

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the release of GNUMail.app 1.0.0pre2
and Pantomime 1.0.0.

GNUMail.app should now work quite well for a day-to-day
MUA under both MacOS X and GNUstep.

Here's a list of what's new in GNUMail.app 1.0.0pre2:

- brand new address book with support of groups and
  NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP Mail.app's mailaliases import
  support
- two new services: New Mail with content
                and New Mail with recipient
- new 'expunge' feature to remove immediatly your deleted
  mails
- text/rtf support for mails (viewing)
- new Spanish translation
- lots of bug fixes, speed and stability improvements

You can get it here with new screenshots:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

A binary version for MacOS X will be released in the
following hours.

Here's a list of what's new in Pantomime 1.0.0:

- better MIME support
- better IMAP code and new IMAP caching mechanism
- optimized the SMTP class
- lots of bug fixes, speed and stability improvements

You can get it here:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime

This version is designed to work well with:

GNUstep base 1.1.0, GNUstep make 1.2.1
GNUstep gui 0.7.5 and GNUstep xgps 0.7.5

(Visit http://www.gnustep.org for installation instructions
for GNUstep)

or

MacOS X 10.1.x.

I would like to thank the following people who greatly
helped me getting this release done by sending me
patches, suggestions and bug reports:

Luis Garcia Alanis, Dale Amon, Martin Brecher, Rob Burns
Frederic Chauvin, Jeremy Cowgar, Ryan Cresawn, Erik Dalen,
Anthony W. Juckel, Francis Lachapelle, Stephen Levine,
Richard Frith-Macdonald, Matt Neuburg, Vincent Ricard,
Pierre-Yves Rivaille, Nicolas Roard, Philippe C.D. Robert
and Fabien Vallon.

Again, suggestions, bug reports or even patches are
very welcomed!

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic

--